Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-03-2011, 10:09 PM
jamie jamie is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandersen View Post
Congrats I saw that bidding go up and up and got worried you'd miss out on it.

While you wait to get your set, you might enjoy watching this video I made of my 22X12. http://youtu.be/u1r8Us8FsYQ
Thanks, I sure wish I had your knowledge about these things so i could get it up and running sooner. I will have to wait on grandpa to come over and take a look at it or just take the chassis to him since that where all the equipment and parts are.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-03-2011, 11:38 PM
Phil Nelson's Avatar
Phil Nelson Phil Nelson is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,030
If you get your Grandpa together with the TV, I'd watch over his shoulder while he works on it. That's the best way to learn!

Phil Nelson
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-04-2011, 03:49 AM
jamie jamie is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Nelson View Post
If you get your Grandpa together with the TV, I'd watch over his shoulder while he works on it. That's the best way to learn!

Phil Nelson
I plan to watch and learn as much as i can. I think he's kinda excited that I've picked up this new hobby and that I'm interested in all the gizmos in his basement. I like learning about certain parts on here and then talking to grandpa about them.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-04-2011, 06:43 AM
JCFitz JCFitz is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Willards,MD
Posts: 411
Congrats! Please keep us updated on your progess and post pictures.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-04-2011, 09:19 AM
TheNixer's Avatar
TheNixer TheNixer is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ooltewah, Tennessee
Posts: 53
Jamie, congrats on the Admiral! It really is a fine example of the 22X12. I'm a big fan of the bakelite Admiral sets as well. The only thing finer than the set is the fact you have your Grandpa to show you the ropes of restoring it. It sounds like the two of you will have a great time working on it, keep us posted!
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 08-04-2011, 01:03 PM
jamie jamie is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 34
Thanks guys. The set is paid for and Neil will be picking it up for me on sunday It will probably be towards the end of August before we can arrange a road trip day to meet and swap out our sets due to my crazy work schedule but at least both sets are safe and sound now.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.