![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Yes, much better
I really like the gold on Ivory look and the metal knobs will look great. The grille cloth looks good too.After several layers of paint, is the recessed lettering still distinct enough to rub in paint ? I hope so. Looks like you left the feet unpainted / dark - nice touch
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
I like it. Once the gold knobs (and possibly gold lettering) are added, that will look really sharp.
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
I worked on the knobs on my lunch hour today.
I made a board to mount them on and attached three machine screws to it and one 1/4" bolt for the tuner knob, grind a flat on them and instant knob shafts. I also extended the IR sensor for the remote with some ribbon cable, also the LED power indicator. For the power indicator I wanted it to look neat without drilling a hole in the cabinet to mount it, my solution was to drill a hole in one of the knobs instead. I removed the Brass plated cover and drilled a hole in the knob about the same diameter as the LED, I didn't want it sticking out through the cover though so I only drilled out two of the small squares on the cover and slotted it out as best I could with a drill bit. The result is a discreet pilot light that doesn't stick out like a sore thumb, at least I hope it doesn't, I haven't turned it on yet to see how it actually looks. The flash made the LED glow green in the picture so that's a pretty good indication of how it'll look. The Escutcheon is from a Teletone, it had most of the numbers worn off so I polished it up nice and shiny, I think it looks good, if incorrect. (like that matters here!) I'd like to install a power button behind the original on/off knob, it'll be push on push off, it shouldn't be too hard to install a micro switch behind a spring loaded shaft, I think there's quite a bit of room behind the knob board and the TV chassis. Here are some new pics. |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hmm, the green light is only on in standby, oh well, it still looks cool.
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|