Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Kamakiri's Avatar
Kamakiri Kamakiri is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 5,109
Decided to resume a little work on the set. Immediately something didn't make sense.....

I ordered the caps from Digikey off the schematic, and something looked immediately wrong. Hm, seems the set doesn't have this many. Am I missing something?

I sure was. I had the chassis model wrong. It's a TS-351. D'Oh!

So, it's back to fleabay for another sams. Meanwhile, I changed all the chassis brackets and the yoke over from the old chassis and test fit the picture tube.....




I did notice that underneath that just about all of the larger resistors are cracked in half. Wonder what kind of catastrophe caused that kind of cascade failure.....
__________________
"Restoring a tube TV is like going to war. A color one is like a land war in Asia."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.