Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-16-2011, 11:54 AM
TerrySmith's Avatar
TerrySmith TerrySmith is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Maryville Tennessee
Posts: 80
Excellent score! I wish something like that would appear around here.

ASE test? I take it you are an auto tech? I used to be a GM dealer tech for close to 25 years, got out in 2007 and now work for a major supplier. I hate these questions: technician A says this, tech B says that, etc. Most of my ASE's have expired.

Sorry to veer off topic!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-16-2011, 12:15 PM
Kevin Kuehn's Avatar
Kevin Kuehn Kevin Kuehn is offline
Workin' Late Again
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: WI
Posts: 3,976
Very nice.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-16-2011, 06:11 PM
kvflyer kvflyer is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fernandina Beach, FL
Posts: 1,130
A little late but I certainly have to agree. You have a raster so you know that all of the major components are good. I would start with the power supply, replacing the seleniums with silicon, replacing the electrolytics and then slowly replace the paper capacitors. Check that it is still working after a few "improvements" so that if not, you know how to backtrack.

"Good on 'ya Mate!"
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.