Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-21-2011, 02:21 AM
miniman82's Avatar
miniman82 miniman82 is offline
First Light: 1952-2011
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Great Mills, MD
Posts: 4,183
Decided to stuff the parts back in the cabinet, since I'm more or less done with the recapping. There's still a vert lin issue I haven't sorted out yet, I think the resistors in the vert output cathode circuit are douched up or something. When I first got everything installed, vert height was way too short. Turned out to be a resistor feeding the oscillator from B+ that had drifted 120k too high. No biggie, replaced the resistor now there's plenty of height. The slight tearing at the top turned out to be a sync issue, because I didn't have any .47uf caps in the inventory. One is at the sync amp cathode, the other goes to the sync sep. Gonna be real nice once finished, I really like this set.

__________________
Evolution...

Last edited by miniman82; 01-29-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-23-2011, 11:38 PM
miniman82's Avatar
miniman82 miniman82 is offline
First Light: 1952-2011
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Great Mills, MD
Posts: 4,183
Tried hooking it up to the cable box, and hmmm....no audio.

Speaker wasn't blown and the output tranformer seems fine, so the circuit must not be getting powered. Sure enough, 5 minutes of poking around revealed that a 470-ohm power resistor feeding the audio output tranformer had opened up. I don't have a replacement in this value, so I'll have to order one or something. I'm sure that once it's replaced, audio will come back to life.

__________________
Evolution...

Last edited by miniman82; 01-29-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-23-2011, 11:44 PM
miniman82's Avatar
miniman82 miniman82 is offline
First Light: 1952-2011
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Great Mills, MD
Posts: 4,183
Replaced 4 last caps, 2 in the sync circuit, 2 connected to the vertical deflection coils. Lin is just about perfect now, but horizontal seems a bit wavy. I think one or more of the 'lytics may be buying the farm, so I guess I'll have to restuff them before calling this one done. Pretty nice pitcure so far though: "I've got a golden ticket!"




__________________
Evolution...

Last edited by miniman82; 01-29-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.