Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Kevin Kuehn's Avatar
Kevin Kuehn Kevin Kuehn is offline
Workin' Late Again
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: WI
Posts: 3,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandersen View Post
Could be. The seller put three sets on eBay at $9.99 and local pickup.
One was a huge Philco console with a busted 16LP4. No one bid on it.
I was the only bidder on the Admiral.
Just one other bidder on the Zenith, and I got it for $26. I hope it wasn't one of you guys.
Ah... so it was those sets. I actually watched those 3 auctions but I never bid. In fact I don't think I've ever bought a TV on ebay. I had no idea the Zenith set was so small, probably because I'm not familiar with the model numbers. Same problem I have with all those Admiral variations. That was sure a good deal, and I'm glad you saved them.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-25-2011, 10:57 PM
bandersen's Avatar
bandersen bandersen is offline
RCA 741PCS
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Kuehn View Post
Ah... so it was those sets. I actually watched those 3 auctions but I never bid. In fact I don't think I've ever bought a TV on ebay. I had no idea the Zenith set was so small, probably because I'm not familiar with the model numbers. Same problem I have with all those Admiral variations. That was sure a good deal, and I'm glad you saved them.
I learned my lesson a few years ago after a set was damaged in shipping to only go for local pickup.
It's still a pretty hefty set at only 12". I think the Admiral may weigh even more though. Dang those sets are heavy!
__________________
Here are my Vintage Radio & TV YouTube Channel and Photo Gallery
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.