Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-04-2011, 11:09 PM
mstaton's Avatar
mstaton mstaton is offline
"Book em Dano!"
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Caldwell, Id
Posts: 1,609
Or just buy a Philips DVP-642/37 DVD player. I downgraded the firmware to 0531, no more macrovision. Early ones escaped the factory with this firmware, region-macrovision free! I can email the firmware if you have a player like this already. Video stabilizers are OK but one less thing in the path this way and the players are cheap and plentiful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 82-123-002-07.jpg (3.9 KB, 18 views)
__________________
"It's a mad mad mad mad world" !!
http://www.youtube.com/user/mwstaton64?feature=mhee
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-05-2011, 08:46 AM
zenithfan1's Avatar
zenithfan1 zenithfan1 is offline
Mark
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kenosha, Wisconsin
Posts: 4,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstaton View Post
Or just buy a Philips DVP-642/37 DVD player. I downgraded the firmware to 0531, no more macrovision. Early ones escaped the factory with this firmware, region-macrovision free! I can email the firmware if you have a player like this already. Video stabilizers are OK but one less thing in the path this way and the players are cheap and plentiful.
I have a fairly new Phillips one but it's black, how do you change the firmware??
__________________
My TV page and YouTube channel
Kyocera R-661, Yamaha RX-V2200
National Panasonic SA-5800
Sansui 1000a, 1000, SAX-200, 5050, 9090DB, 881, SR-636, SC-3000, AT-20
Pioneer SX-939, ER-420, SM-B201
Motorola SK77W-2Z tube console
McIntosh MC2205, C26
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-06-2011, 10:52 PM
mstaton's Avatar
mstaton mstaton is offline
"Book em Dano!"
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Caldwell, Id
Posts: 1,609
You need the model I posted. You can check on the net with your model number to see if it can be done. If its a 642, I can email it to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenithfan1 View Post
I have a fairly new Phillips one but it's black, how do you change the firmware??
__________________
"It's a mad mad mad mad world" !!
http://www.youtube.com/user/mwstaton64?feature=mhee
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.