Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-13-2011, 03:32 AM
Adam's Avatar
Adam Adam is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by vts1134 View Post
This set has two traps on it, one that is wired to the set (electromagnet?), and I can't seem to get a full raster. Any one have an idea that I might be missing?
I've never heard of a set using both the electromagnetic and permanent-magnet ion traps. My 721TS and 8T244 just use the permanent magnet, my 630TS just the electromagnetic one. Maybe try using just one or the other?

Last edited by Adam; 12-13-2011 at 03:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-13-2011, 08:49 AM
vts1134's Avatar
vts1134 vts1134 is offline
Looking For Time
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,534
There is both an electromagnetic and permanent-magnet ion trap on this set. I've tried to read as many posts as I could about this set before I started and in almost every one I read there were several people that were surprised that they were both in place. The focus coil was at fault for the shadow. adjusting it's position made the shadow disappear. I will do some adjustment tonight to get the bell of the CRT right up to the coil, then adjust the ion traps to make the raster the absolute brightest, then on to the focus coil for no shadows.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.