Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Dangler's Avatar
Dangler Dangler is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Douglas,Wyoming
Posts: 325
Thank's,Don. I'll try and check the cap later this afternoon. If not, it will be Wednesday before I can get back to it. I was thinking it was losing the -45 volts but wasn't sure. Sounds like a good place to start. It probably might not be a bad idea to replace the 12DQ6 while I'm at it. I'll have to dig out my Hickock and see if I have a decent used one. I think I have a few lying around in my tube boxes. If not, I can get a couple while I'm in Casper. Thank's again. Dan.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Phil Nelson's Avatar
Phil Nelson Phil Nelson is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,030
This article has restoration notes for the 9L37 chassis that may be helpful:

http://antiqueradio.org/philc12.htm

As others mentioned, it's pointless to expect much in the way of performance until you have replaced all of the paper (or plastic-coated paper) capacitors. The article also shows how I replaced a couplate, if you find that necessary.

Phil Nelson
Phil's Old Radios
http://antiqueradio.org/index.html
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-19-2011, 07:56 PM
marty59's Avatar
marty59 marty59 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Arlington, Tx
Posts: 915
I can't contribute much more to what needs to be done. However, when in the horizontal osc circuit, check both the horizontal hold and range pots and verify continuity. Wiring and connections as you may have noticed are not the best. Even though my couplates have been ok, I've had issues with bad pots.

I've had to replace/substitute the vertical linearity and contrast controls. Even though my set is in playing condition, I don't know when I'll ever consider it complete!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.