Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-26-2011, 06:42 PM
Kamakiri's Avatar
Kamakiri Kamakiri is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 5,109
WOW WOW WOW!!!!

Where did you FIND that?!?!??!
__________________
"Restoring a tube TV is like going to war. A color one is like a land war in Asia."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-26-2011, 06:49 PM
vts1134's Avatar
vts1134 vts1134 is offline
Looking For Time
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakiri View Post
WOW WOW WOW!!!!

Where did you FIND that?!?!??!
I found it on Ebay and paid through the nose for it after it went unsold, then I paid through the nose to have some one bring it to me. It'll be here for gazing purposes if you come get the Mighty Monarch.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-27-2011, 05:04 AM
Kamakiri's Avatar
Kamakiri Kamakiri is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 5,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by vts1134 View Post
I found it on Ebay and paid through the nose for it after it went unsold, then I paid through the nose to have some one bring it to me. It'll be here for gazing purposes if you come get the Mighty Monarch.
Tentatively planning for the weekend after this one, if you're free....just have to clear it with the other half that we have no plans
__________________
"Restoring a tube TV is like going to war. A color one is like a land war in Asia."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-27-2011, 01:01 PM
leadlike's Avatar
leadlike leadlike is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lancaster, Pa
Posts: 956
Kind of a nightmare to work on. Stu's comment on the tuner was true with mine-I wound up bypassing it and fed video direct to the output tube. There were a fair amount of changes made during the production of these sets, I've seen several different types of flybacks used, so they either blew up all of the time and were replaced, or GE sourced them from many different places.

I see in another post you are looking for a new power cord for your set, and that it uses a strange plug. I have never seen that type of plug used anywhere else except on these early GE sets, if that helps at all.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-27-2011, 01:51 PM
vts1134's Avatar
vts1134 vts1134 is offline
Looking For Time
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,534
Actually the cord for this set was buried inside the cabinet so I don't need to find this one, but my other thread was more of a general inquiry also as a lot of my sets have power cords that are shot.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 12-27-2011, 03:37 PM
stromberg6's Avatar
stromberg6 stromberg6 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Ellington,CT
Posts: 465
Smile

Seeing the state of preservation of that GE makes me smile! Nice to get an oldie that was preserved in great condition. Happy for you!!
__________________
stromberg6
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-31-2011, 12:33 PM
ketron281989's Avatar
ketron281989 ketron281989 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cincinnati OH
Posts: 21
I think we had talked on ARF but I have the 802, mine was probably recapped in the late 50s with those Solar paper caps, also the Phonograph looks to be from about then.

It would be real interesting to see some pictures of your chassis model, I would like to compare to my 802.

Real Nice Set, I like it without the phonograph as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GE802(4).jpg (55.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg GE802(20).jpg (82.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg GE802(16).jpg (53.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg GE802(19).jpg (62.7 KB, 19 views)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
[QUOTE=leadlike;3022297]Kind of a nightmare to work on. Stu's comment on the tuner was true with mine-I wound up bypassing it and fed video direct to the output tube. There were a fair amount of changes made during the production of these sets, I've seen several different types of flybacks used, so they either blew up all of the time and were replaced, or GE sourced them from many different places.

Weren't these one of the very, VERY 1st sets in production, & maybe they were still trying to find out what REALLY "Worked" & what didn't ? And, this WAS the early postwar period- Shortages of all kinds of things were common then.
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-27-2011, 10:59 PM
leadlike's Avatar
leadlike leadlike is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lancaster, Pa
Posts: 956
Quite a few shortages were on, you're right about that, Sandy. GE put out a few press releases explaining a delay in production because of a cabinet shortage.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.