Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-27-2011, 07:54 PM
ChrisW6ATV's Avatar
ChrisW6ATV ChrisW6ATV is offline
Another CT-100 lives!
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hayward, Cal. USA
Posts: 3,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa2ise View Post
As long as the breaker panel isn't a Federal Pacific Electric Stab Lok panel.
WA2ISE-

Are there FPE home breaker panels that are/were not the Stab-Lok type? I am curious, because I replaced my FPE panel with a different brand when I rewired this house in 1990. Mainly, I did it because FPE breakers then cost $20 each and the newer/more common brands (Challenger, Square D, etc.) were less than $4 each, so once I knew I wanted more than two new circuits the hardware paid for itself. It will be good to know if I also improved the safety of the house, though. Thanks and 73.
__________________
Chris

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-27-2011, 09:34 PM
wa2ise's Avatar
wa2ise wa2ise is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 3,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW6ATV View Post
WA2ISE-

Are there FPE home breaker panels that are/were not the Stab-Lok type? .... It will be good to know if I also improved the safety of the house, though. Thanks and 73.
I have a "Federal Noark" panel in the house as a subpanel, and it's not the stab-lok type. It appears to be a higher end quality unit, maybe industrial grade. And it did trip on the occasional overload and once I shorted the line and it tripped quickly. Haven't seen any horror stories about it.

Changing out the old FPE panel should increase the safety of your house.

I replaced an old FPE panel with a Square D panel, and I now have lots more spaces for extra circuits. I even ran a 240V 15A circuit to run a few Aussie radios I collected (they run fine on 60Hz, and as they use power transformers, they don't care that it's a pair of 120V's). And I used this old style outlet, which happens to match Aussie plugs


A page of my foreign radio sets http://www.wa2ise.com/radios/forgnr.htm
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.