Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-07-2012, 12:31 PM
dieseljeep dieseljeep is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,562
[QUOTE=Electronic M;3026365]On a early 50's majestic TV that had a blown audio output Xfmr. I just replaced it with a similar sized unit that came from a amp from a cheap Deca HiFi phono console I junked, and it works just fine like that.

A cheap Decca! LMAO. Thats an Oxymoron. (sp)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-07-2012, 01:48 PM
radio nut's Avatar
radio nut radio nut is offline
Born in the wrong decade
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lima, Ohio
Posts: 839
I thought an output tranny was a little more of a specialty item. At Fair radio they have a box of the same size rca speakers with the trans. on them, so I will just grab one of those and mount it. Ok, I did not know it was that easy. Thanks. Oh, One more question if I may. because of price I have been subbing 5y3 rectifier tubes in my radios instead of 5u4 tubes. Is this a mistake?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-07-2012, 04:33 PM
old_coot88 old_coot88 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by radio nut View Post
...I have been subbing 5y3 rectifier tubes in my radios instead of 5u4 tubes. Is this a mistake?
Just curious, but what radio(s) do you have that use 5U4s? Being heavier duty with a 3 amp filament, they were more exclusive to TVs and large amplifiers. Whereas 5Y3 with its 2 amp filament was more commonly used in radios.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.