Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-23-2012, 11:45 PM
tvcollector's Avatar
tvcollector tvcollector is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,613
I find the image quality on some old home movie Beta tapes I recorded back in the 90s, the quality of the image looks as good as the day they were recorded.... I find that tapes will last much longer than DVD's and CD-Rs... #1 the simple fact that the tape is completely protected by the cassette shell, unlike DVD and CD where even oils from your skin is harmful. I'm a Disc Jockey and I handle discs alot, and I see on these cheap CD-Rs where the oils has deteriorated the disc on the sides, and even some spots on discs where you can see seethrough holes in the material of the discs.. Believe it or not, the "Disk" technology is on it's way out.. I can see even those flash memory sticks are going to be a BIG way of storing audio and video, Even the new TVs these days are being made with USB ports.. I remember those days we disc jockeys used those, what the new generation calls "those BIG black round things", "Vinyl" which Disc Jockeys abandon, believe it or not, not too long ago back around 2005, 2006... And Vinyl even holds up much better than those CDs.. Now a laptop and a $400 DJ program which comes with gear is all we need, as disc jockeys are now starting to abandon CD...

Last edited by tvcollector; 02-23-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.