Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #7  
Old 06-19-2012, 07:34 PM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 15,482
The parts interchangeability between JVC S-VHS decks in the same family can be a wonderful thing.... Last Saturday I swapped the mechanisms between an HR-S2901U I keep as a working spare and an HR-S2902U I use regularly(after it ate a second tape this month I decided I had to do something). The procedure was as easy as pie...Just remove three screws holding the top on, lift the seven tabs that hold the front on, remove four screws holding the mech in, pull the one cable that connects the mech to the board without an interlock connection, lift mech out, swap mechs and then do all the rest again in reverse. Next time I see one of the non-S-VHS versions of this deck at a thrift I'm going buy it to see if the mechs are compatible with the S versions...
__________________
Tom C.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Last edited by Electronic M; 06-19-2012 at 07:36 PM. Reason: grammar
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.