Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #15  
Old 10-27-2012, 12:34 AM
Geoff Bourquin Geoff Bourquin is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Northwest Washington State
Posts: 365
Just thinking out loud here....

I'm stumped. The on/off switch opens when off. I would expect that to shut off all power to the set. The heaters are lit when the set is off, but there is no HV. Wierd. I'm pretty sure those sets get the heater voltage from a winding on the flyback, so HV and heater should come and go together. Is it possible someone rewired the set to get heater voltage from someplace else? Even if so, the heater only burns a couple watts so I wouldn't expect any noticeable heat. Perhaps a leaky or shorted capacitor across the power switch? Nah. that doesn't explain the heater staying on but no HV. Charles mentioned the deguass coil staying on. That would hum, and make a mess out of the picture, but it would run warm, at least until something (thermistor?) dies. Try unhooking the deguassing coil and see what happens. RCA used to activate the coil when the TV went OFF, not ON, so a leaky thermistor might keep it going. I dont think I have ever seen that design on a Samsung, but there's a lot of stuff I have never seen. Still, all of this deguass talk doesn't explain the heater staying on.
I'm going to bed.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.