Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-20-2012, 02:02 PM
bandersen's Avatar
bandersen bandersen is offline
RCA 741PCS
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,826
I was just flipping through a 1948 issue of Tele-Tech and came across this ad for converting the 630 to a projection set.
I wonder how well they worked
__________________
Here are my Vintage Radio & TV YouTube Channel and Photo Gallery

Last edited by bandersen; 12-20-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Geist Geist is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 350
Hi All;
Now it may be me, or my lack of proper perspective.. But, the Leads on the 0--30KV meter, look a little on the thin side.. Not anything I would want to handle, while measuring even 10KV.. Even though I wouldn't mind a schematic for making one.. I could find an old meter lying around and make something that would tell me close enough the voltage of my old set.. a meter of 0 to 15 would be all that I would need..
THANK YOU Marty
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-20-2012, 08:35 PM
M3-SRT8's Avatar
M3-SRT8 M3-SRT8 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Worcester, Mass
Posts: 652
Hey. I just stopped by.

Nice find, Bob. Don't go too wild on that origional finish. You'd be surprised how much it can be reconstituted, but I know you know what yer doing.

So, how many TVs does that make, "Admiral" Bob?

Last edited by M3-SRT8; 12-20-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-20-2012, 08:44 PM
bandersen's Avatar
bandersen bandersen is offline
RCA 741PCS
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-SRT8 View Post
Hey. I just stopped by.

Nice find, Bob. Don't go too wild on that origional finish. You'd be surprised how much it can be reconstsuted, but I know you know what yer doing.
Thanks. I'm using a technique I believe you used recently of filling in the voids with fresh lacquer and carefully sanding level. So far, so good

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-SRT8 View Post
... So, how many TVs does that make, "Admiral" Bob?
Good question. It's been a while since I counted so I just did a quick count and came up with around 60 I say around because some are incomplete or damaged.
__________________
Here are my Vintage Radio & TV YouTube Channel and Photo Gallery
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-20-2012, 11:49 PM
M3-SRT8's Avatar
M3-SRT8 M3-SRT8 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Worcester, Mass
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandersen View Post
Good question. It's been a while since I counted so I just did a quick count and came up with around 60 I say around because some are incomplete or damaged.
You Vintage Maniac...
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.