Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-29-2012, 11:18 AM
Charlie's Avatar
Charlie Charlie is offline
On Land
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Warren, TX
Posts: 2,582
I forgot about this thread. Here's what happened. I went back to the guy's store to purchase a stove and mattress. After picking out the items I wanted, he says, "Let's talk about that TV. I can throw it in the deal for $300 bucks."

I told him no and explained it was too easy to find sets such as this one on Craigslist... many of them being giving away or close to it. He tried to push the fact that the set was in new condition... never been used. I pointed out that a 10-15 year old set that's never been turned on could have a lot of capacitors that won't appreciate being hit with electricity after being asleep for that long, and that I have no way of bringing this type of set up slowly on a Variac.

Will be funny to see if that set is still there the next time I go in to buy a new mattress... and see how much he tries to sell it for.
__________________
Charlie Trahan


He who dies with the most toys still dies.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.