![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
It seems that way, but if you look through pages of Airline consoles in Steins console guide you will not see this particular dial on any set! The typical Airline console dials around '38 were tele-dials and movie-dials. I'd love to learn the whole story on this unique set.
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Here's the dial lit-up. It has a soft back-lit glow that was hard to capture in a pic.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
Those telephone dials don't impress me, even though I have a few.
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
If you could post a picture of your set I'd love to see it! Joe |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
I dislike those so-called auto matic tuning systems. All the high-end models of the major manufacturers had that, as a selling point.
|
| Audiokarma |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
***Spotted on the Net***
There was a console version of this chassis noted as an Airline (Wells-Gardner) model 62-226
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedi...inet-249502691 |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
[QUOTE=decojoe67;3058668]There was a console version of this chassis noted as an Airline (Wells-Gardner) model 62-226
I wonder if they made a tombstone model of that radio. I'm more partial to tombstones, than horizontal table models. I'm still glad, I have the one I have. |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
[QUOTE=dieseljeep;3058676]Same with me. My collection is mostly tombstones models. This Airline in a tombstone style would be amazing. One of the reasons I had hesitated to purchase this one was the horiz. cabinet. Without that impressive dial it is a rather unispired design.
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|