Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #19  
Old 01-23-2013, 02:39 PM
wkand's Avatar
wkand wkand is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Everett WA
Posts: 262
Most durable set

OK, nobody laugh...

A Sampo (Not Sanyo) 19" color set purchased from a now defunct Seattle area discount warehouse (Jafco) in 1980. The jungle IC went out in it after about a year. I broke all the rules and re-soldered the new IC back into the set instead of "socketizing" it.

I paid $200 for the set new, and $12 for the IC. That set saw minimum 10 hour per day use until 2002, and still worked except the CRT was getting tired and badly out of focus. My father used the set exclusively during that time. He liked to turn the set on first thing in the AM, then get coffee and a shower. He leave it on if he went anywhere, except for turning it off while at work.

I hope I did not post this already. If I did, I declare "senior moment", and sincerely apologize.
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.