Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Adam's Avatar
Adam Adam is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,383
I swapped in a coil (of unknown value) and got: weak sound, crappy video, and sync that won't stay put (H or V). I tried several different coils and got the same results, so even though I'm not quite sure what to put for that coil, I'm fairly sure the problem I'm looking at now lies elsewhere.

I'm going to poke around the AGC amp tube and check the voltages, but I have a suspicion, with all the other goofy stuff that was done to this set, that someone got in there long ago and twiddled every adjustment they could find and goofed up the IF alignment, video and audio.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 49zen23.jpg (23.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 49zen21.jpg (19.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 49zen22.jpg (13.8 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by Adam; 06-08-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-08-2013, 03:19 PM
old_coot88 old_coot88 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I swapped in a coil (of unknown value) and got: weak sound, crappy video, and sync that won't stay put (H or V). I tried several different coils and got the same results, so even though I'm not quite sure what to put for that coil, I'm fairly sure the problem I'm looking at now lies elsewhere.
That's correct. The inductance value is not critical, since the coil serves no other purpose than as a choke. In fact you could probably jumper it completely and never know the difference.
Quote:
...I have a suspicion, with all the other goofy stuff that was done to this set, that someone got in there long ago and twiddled every adjustment they could find and goofed up the IF alignment, video and audio.
Actually it does not show symptoms typical of video IF misalignment, namely strong
smearing-out and ringing of fine detail in the pic. Fine detail looks pretty crisp. That's not to say the audio IFs haven't been messed with, though.

Last edited by old_coot88; 06-08-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.