![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
"Cinema" or "theater" mode is not "right". Its meant to emulate
the excessively dim images used in movie theaters for two reasons: 1) they are too cheap to use 50 kilowatts of lamp power to make a bright picture (and that would melt 35mm film not in a fluid heat exchanger system). 2) to cover up the disastrously too-low 24 Hz frame rate. TV is not the movies ... with 60Hz field or frame rate and plenty of brightness, its simply superior. Doug McDonald |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
I'm surprised at the number of folks I've run across that say they are color blind. So one has to assume there are many shades between true black and white, and whatever range of color an individual perceives. Makes it very hard to specify normal. I think we'd be a little surprised to see through another persons eyes.
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Larry,
I do concur. I have always backed the chroma down, on the vintage color sets I've owned over the years. Usually eyeballed the tint using flesh tones or known colors as a guide. This, of course, after the tv was properly set up. Even w/the various phosphors introduced it wasn't to difficult to achieve a realistic "living color" image. -Steve D.
__________________
Please visit my CT-100, CTC-5, vintage color tv site: http://www.wtv-zone.com/Stevetek/ |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
2 simple guidelines:
1: Get it right in black and white first 2: Turn the colour up from zero until it looks right. Don't try to turn the colour down until it looks right. Coming from a PAL country I can't comment on setting the hue control. |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|