![]() |
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
If it was slow we did some 9-160 repairs. NEVER with a shorted HOT.
![]() As with you I learned a few painful lessons so we just swapped them out. Lots of PC cons, filters & 32 V source transistors. We kept abt 6 of both flavors in the truck & shop. Never liked 9-181 sets, to awkward to work on. And the start circuit was dumb ass. Funny thing is a lot of them ran 20+ years without a repair. One thing Zenith must be given credit for from the 9-160 era. The spark gaps. I never had a Zenith destroyed by lightning but saw tons of those spark gaps toasted. The sets survived usually with a blown fuse at worse. Often the customer never knew, I noticed it when repairing something else later on. Thanks for the memories 73 Zeno
|
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|