Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-09-2013, 11:26 PM
Kevin Kuehn's Avatar
Kevin Kuehn Kevin Kuehn is offline
Workin' Late Again
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: WI
Posts: 3,976
I'm surprised at the number of folks I've run across that say they are color blind. So one has to assume there are many shades between true black and white, and whatever range of color an individual perceives. Makes it very hard to specify normal. I think we'd be a little surprised to see through another persons eyes.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-10-2013, 01:46 AM
Steve D.'s Avatar
Steve D. Steve D. is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hollywood Hills, Ca.
Posts: 1,792
Larry,

I do concur. I have always backed the chroma down, on the vintage color sets I've owned over the years. Usually eyeballed the tint using flesh tones or known colors as a guide. This, of course, after the tv was properly set up. Even w/the various phosphors introduced it wasn't to difficult to achieve a realistic "living color" image.

-Steve D.
__________________
Please visit my CT-100, CTC-5, vintage color tv site:
http://www.wtv-zone.com/Stevetek/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-10-2013, 01:55 AM
ppppenguin's Avatar
ppppenguin ppppenguin is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 466
2 simple guidelines:

1: Get it right in black and white first

2: Turn the colour up from zero until it looks right. Don't try to turn the colour down until it looks right.

Coming from a PAL country I can't comment on setting the hue control.
__________________
www.borinsky.co.uk Jeffrey Borinsky www.becg.tv
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.