Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-26-2013, 10:37 PM
rca2000's Avatar
rca2000 rca2000 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: cincinnati,ohio
Posts: 2,090
Well, I DO remember. My recent hospital stint did NOT in ANY way damage my memory.

NOt sure if I have seen one myself, but I* THINK I have. I KNOW I have read about them. They seem to be a small, rectangular device, that connects to the CRT in some way to boost the emissions and NOT just raising the filamant voltage. i know They were advertised in radio--electronics. Jack Darr reviewed one, and talked about how good one did for a tube with a weak red gun. The device had a control on it that would adjust to how much "boost" was needed for the bad gun.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-26-2013, 10:39 PM
rca2000's Avatar
rca2000 rca2000 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: cincinnati,ohio
Posts: 2,090
Seems that I remember reading they were made by someone like "Oneidea", or something like that.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.