![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
but that's about all. Its totally useless for nitrogen, hydrogen argon, helium, and hydrocarbons. I'm not sure about carbon monoxide. The gasses that ooze out of hot nickel, iron, molybdenum or tungsten are mostly hydrogen and carbon monoxide. I've seen this over and over again in vacuum systems with mass specs in them. I had one that stayed sealed for over ten years and after initial bakeout and pumpdown that's what I saw. For vacuum tubes with soft glass envelopes you will always see Argon developing due to radioactive decay of potassium in the glass. For tubes with thoriated tungsten filaments of course you will see Helium developing. The great getter is Titanium. It will getter anything except rare gases and methane. That sealed system used a titanium based ion pump. I believe that large transmitter klystrons still use such pumps. |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|