Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-31-2013, 05:13 PM
bandersen's Avatar
bandersen bandersen is offline
RCA 741PCS
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,826
I too had low volume with a Magnavox converter. An Access DTA1010 was noticeable better. Once I get the set back together, I'll try a Blonder Tongue modulator.
__________________
Here are my Vintage Radio & TV YouTube Channel and Photo Gallery
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-02-2013, 10:25 AM
kvflyer kvflyer is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fernandina Beach, FL
Posts: 1,130
I don't know what is up with these low volume modulators. A few of the DVD players that I have are low volume as well. It was mentioned in another thread a few years ago that the RF may be down somewhat to keep these things from too much radiation and causing interference back when RF analog was still happening. I don't know. But I have to agree, low volume seems to be the "norm".

Now the Blonder Tongue seems to have none of those problems. Cool...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.