Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #38  
Old 09-05-2013, 08:59 PM
bandersen's Avatar
bandersen bandersen is offline
RCA 741PCS
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,826
I'm making good progress touching up the cabinet. My goal is to fill in any voids in the lacquer (mostly from aligatoring) and touch up and finish loss.

I'm doing the main panels first, then the trim.


After a light sanding with 320 grit, I give it a couple coats of lacquer then more sanding. Any pits or cracks are filled in with a small brush then sanded flush. Finally, a couple more coats sprayed on.


I figure I'll touch up the trim with Mohawk brown mahogany for the medium trim and deep red mahogany for the very dark trim.
__________________
Here are my Vintage Radio & TV YouTube Channel and Photo Gallery
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.