Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-05-2013, 09:05 PM
radiotvnut's Avatar
radiotvnut radiotvnut is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Meridian, MS
Posts: 6,025
If it was still an era when one of these would bring $75 on the used market, I'd be more interested in going for it; and, yes, I've actually sold these for $75 and I generally didn't have a hard time getting rid of them at that price. Speaking of $75, I was looking on CL the other day and some jackass had basically the same unit with the same problem and he was asking $100 for it. I'd like to think that his finger held down the zero key too long; but, given what's on CL these days, I doubt it.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Ed in Tx's Avatar
Ed in Tx Ed in Tx is offline
Zenith Walton My 1st TV
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,420
Could be as simple as the reel drive belt broke or stretched and fell off. Or some other reason the reels don't turn.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-06-2013, 03:25 AM
jr_tech's Avatar
jr_tech jr_tech is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,573
Borrowed time?

About 3 years ago, I posted this question about a Toshiba TV/DVD/VCR combo that my wife uses in her sewing room:

http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...33&postcount=9

Likely a Funai, But the set has continued to operate well, except it is starting to show signs of vertical fold-over for several minutes after turn on. VCR and DVD continue to operate well, but it will not read some home burned DVDs. If the fold-over problem gets a lot worse, I would be tempted to repair... Ideas?

jr

Fold over is not visible on 16:9 program material.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2395.jpg (79.2 KB, 260 views)

Last edited by jr_tech; 10-06-2013 at 03:36 AM. Reason: add pix
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.