Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-28-2013, 01:37 AM
Eric H's Avatar
Eric H Eric H is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: So. Calif
Posts: 11,565
Finally some progress!

I finished replacing the film caps and restuffed one of the cans shown in the pictures below.

This had a major effect on the picture, it's no longer too dark and contrasty and the AGC control responds much more smoothly.

The Drive controls still have no effect though and to get acceptable brightness I have to have the Screen pots turned up to maximum.
In the service position however I have to turn the screens down or the three color lines are way too bright so perhaps there's something wrong in the circuit around the service switch?

Also there is a lot of herringbone in the picture and I can't get good picture and good color together at the same time, it no doubt needs an alignment since I swapped out the entire i.f. board and replaced the three video i.f. coils.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-1.jpg (16.1 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg image-2.jpg (19.8 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg herring.jpg (27.0 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg badfilter.jpg (20.1 KB, 54 views)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.