Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-22-2014, 11:13 AM
David Roper's Avatar
David Roper David Roper is offline
console lover
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,986
The Temple was the Temple and the Automatic was the Automatic.
__________________
tvontheporch.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-22-2014, 01:33 PM
rld-tv01's Avatar
rld-tv01 rld-tv01 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Seal Beach, Ca
Posts: 722
The Temple TV had a built in magnifier and the Automatic had a built in magnifier on a portable as well as on a wood tabletop. I heard from another collector that Automatic also offered the build-in magnifier as an option for the 7 inch console. I have seen two of the Automatic wood tabletops with the built-in magnifiers listed on eBay in the last 15 years. I don't know who owns them.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-22-2014, 04:29 PM
decojoe67's Avatar
decojoe67 decojoe67 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by rld-tv01 View Post
The Temple TV had a built in magnifier and the Automatic had a built in magnifier on a portable as well as on a wood tabletop. I heard from another collector that Automatic also offered the build-in magnifier as an option for the 7 inch console. I have seen two of the Automatic wood tabletops with the built-in magnifiers listed on eBay in the last 15 years. I don't know who owns them.
I've only seen one authentic blonde-wood Automatic Radio 7" console myself. Years back, on the ARF, someone was asking about a 7" console they had with an Automatic Radio chassis and built-in magnifier. It was some kind of rather cheaply made "badge-brand" set though. I have seen one wooden 7" Automatic Radio tabletop with the built-in magnifier like the leatherette portable.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-22-2014, 06:00 PM
dieseljeep dieseljeep is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Roper View Post
The Temple was the Temple and the Automatic was the Automatic.
As one Dave, to another, don't be a D-Bag!
I'm well aware that Templetone Radio Corp. and Automatic Radio, were two different firms.
There was never that big of a presence, of those products, in the midwest. The only Automatic products, sold around here are the cheapie, aftermarket radios sold by, some of the shady car dealers.
The only Automatic TV I saw in recent years, was one that the Allied Radio store, sold in the mid-60's. It was a 18"color table model, with the long, screw-in legs, similar to the Sears set, of the day.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-22-2014, 06:15 PM
Jon A.'s Avatar
Jon A. Jon A. is offline
Don't mess with Esther.
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
The only Automatic products, sold around here are the cheapie, aftermarket radios sold by, some of the shady car dealers.
I've seen plenty of those during my eBay searches for automotive 8-track decks, I even had one at one time, an under-dash unit.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.