Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-21-2014, 03:44 PM
stromberg67's Avatar
stromberg67 stromberg67 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ellington CT
Posts: 180
Phil,
I couldn't find the original brochure, but I did find a scanned copy in my CTC-4 binder. The scans aren't too good, but can be read. At least the recommended dimensions are given for notching the flange, along with advise about supporting the bottom of the mask assembly, as the glass tube is much more heavy than the 21AX.
Kevin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Syl color fidelity 01 (Medium).jpg (61.9 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg Syl color fidelity 02 (Medium).jpg (57.6 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg Syl color fidelity 03 (Medium).jpg (54.8 KB, 79 views)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-21-2014, 07:54 PM
Phil Nelson's Avatar
Phil Nelson Phil Nelson is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by stromberg67 View Post
Phil,
I couldn't find the original brochure, but I did find a scanned copy in my CTC-4 binder. The scans aren't too good, but can be read. At least the recommended dimensions are given for notching the flange, along with advise about supporting the bottom of the mask assembly, as the glass tube is much more heavy than the 21AX.
Yes, I had never lifted a metal tube before and I was startled at how much lighter it is than the glass counterpart.

I might be able to get that article through an inter-library loan (to make a better scan) if I can tell them the desired issue. As I read the first page, it is Sylvania News Technical Section, Summer-Fall 1965, volume 12, no. 2.

Phil Nelson
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.