![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
I'll have to test the AGC pot when I get back around to my CTC-4.
__________________
Tom C. Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off! What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4 |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Vigorous socket re-cleaning changed nothing. Next stop, Tunerville.
![]() Removal meant unsoldering ten connections, but they were all easily accessible. I will carefully clean the contacts with swabs and liquid DeOxit. Phil Nelson Last edited by Phil Nelson; 03-01-2014 at 05:27 PM. |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
If the video amp is after the tuner, signal path wise, why would a weak picture(while injecting at the control grid of the video amp) mean that the tuner was bad? Not saying it isn't, I'm just not following the sequence of events I guess.
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
I was just walking backward, doing a very basic check to see what sections could pass a signal. Seeing a picture when I injected video at the video amp suggested that things downstream from there were working (at least marginally). Seeing a picture when I injected an IF signal at the IF amp suggested that things downstream from there were working. So, the no-signal problem was likely between the antenna terminal and the IF strip.
The solution was simple, after all, and it turned up when I serviced the tuner. The UHF-VHF switch in back of the tuner was funky and it had stuck in the UHF position. Here is the switch working normally: ![]() I'm not impressed with that switch, or the quality of the tuner in general, but it's all clean and operational now, and I can get a picture through the antenna input. ![]() And now for that Wizard of Oz photo you've been waiting for! ![]() Yah, we're a long way from a good color picture, but the CRT transplant was successful, knock on wood, and I think there's hope for the old girl, after all. Now to read up on CTC-4 setup procedures . . . . Phil Nelson Phil's Old Radios http://antiqueradio.org/index.html Last edited by Phil Nelson; 03-02-2014 at 01:20 PM. |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|