Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-08-2014, 06:27 AM
wiseguy wiseguy is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 382
Since you will be working at this for awhile I decided to send you something to help aid in servicing your chassis
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-08-2014, 12:38 PM
Phil Nelson's Avatar
Phil Nelson Phil Nelson is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy View Post
decided to send you something to help aid
A bottle of Valium?

Convergence isn't so much an issue as the absence of color. I could see colored dots on the screen when doing static convergence, and see colored rasters when doing purity, but now it's basically black and white except for color fringing in the edge areas with bad convergence.

I have had to pack the whole thing away for a while. Having this project spread all over the kitchen was [A] not an efficient way to work and [B] giving us both a nervous breakdown.

Phil Nelson
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-08-2014, 05:49 PM
wiseguy wiseguy is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 382
These things can really beat a person up trying to find problems.
I know how that is.
make a short Extension for the Yoke for now, parcel post to Washington is about 4 days.
I remember this chassis from a few years ago when I owned one.
the Kitchen is the best place to work on !
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-23-2015, 08:56 PM
Phil Nelson's Avatar
Phil Nelson Phil Nelson is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,030
This TV languished for a long time while my shop was torn up for remodeling, but now I'm running out of excuses and should get back to it. Perhaps I'll start with purity and work through the color setup procedures. After I gave it a 21FJP22A transplant, I left the purity magnets cranked all the way out, and the purity is about as bad as it can get.

Which reminds me: I got a copy of the big 91-page CTC-4 RCA service clinic manual from the ETF and scanned it. I figure ETF will put it in their schematic archive, but you can also download it from this URL:

http://antiqueradio.org/art/RCA%20CT...e%20Manual.pdf

The manual has schematics for early & late production, plus lots of other goodies.

Regards,

Phil Nelson
Phil's Old Radios
http://antiqueradio.org/index.html
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.