Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #5  
Old 04-13-2014, 01:29 PM
M3-SRT8's Avatar
M3-SRT8 M3-SRT8 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Worcester, Mass
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakiri View Post
Tube tester, CRT tester, HV probe, and meter. That's all I've ever used.
Ditto. Plus a BK Precision 890 cap sorting meter. Just splurged on a new Fluke 87-V, and I'm pondering a capacitor/leak tester. But up to now I've made do with the basics.

You'd be surprised how far you can go with so little. You shotgun all the caps anyways, so there's little or no need to test them. And occasional Mica cap might need a test, but they rarely fail except in the horizontal sweep or osc sections.

Now that I've been doing this for 5 years or so I just want a few extra pieces of test equipment just for my own amusement.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.