Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-22-2014, 04:32 PM
John Folsom's Avatar
John Folsom John Folsom is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Melbourne Florida
Posts: 932
Try here:

http://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/tek-crts.html
__________________
John Folsom
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-22-2014, 06:51 PM
N2IXK's Avatar
N2IXK N2IXK is offline
Technohippie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sittin' on the "Group W" bench...
Posts: 817
Sphere is clearing out most of their Tek and HP parts inventory, including all the CRTs. I didn't see the tube for a 453 available on there.

Best bet would be eBay, look for a broken scope that gets some kind of trace on the screen. Loose CRTs show up occasionally, but the 453 is a popular model, and they sell quickly.

There is a CRT for a 453A on there now, but that won't fit the 453.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-22-2014, 09:40 PM
VTVM VTVM is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 35
Thanks guys.
Yeah mine's a pre A model. I'm going to scrap this one for parts. I got four good working scopes; two of them are 50 MHz or better. No big deal unless I could get the CRT cheap and fast. I hate to scrap a classic, but maybe others may live from the donor parts.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-13-2014, 08:24 AM
NoPegs's Avatar
NoPegs NoPegs is offline
The glass is -3dB.
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Amish Country PA.
Posts: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTVM View Post
Thanks guys.
Yeah mine's a pre A model. I'm going to scrap this one for parts. I got four good working scopes; two of them are 50 MHz or better. No big deal unless I could get the CRT cheap and fast. I hate to scrap a classic, but maybe others may live from the donor parts.
If you haven't scrapped this one out yet, I may have a jug for you. I can't make any promises but I have a pair of scrap chassis from the 450 series in storage with relatives that might turn up what you need.

Alternatively if you _have_ scrapped yours out I might be interested in acquiring a few bits of it from you, so as to make one of my dust collectors into something that at least functions while collecting the dust. I'll check on what I need component-wise but I know I need one of the dual-shaft controls (inner shaft snapped clean off.) and two knobs, just off the top of my head.

I also have a pair of the HUGE 55x series chassis for spare parts if anyone needs... I'm the proud owner of complete functioning 551 with scope cart, and a whole herd of plugins. When someone refers to something as a "boatanchor" these are truly that. I think the main unit is about 85lbs, the power supply is another 60 easy, plus the cart and plugins. "My God. It's full of TUBES!" Doesn't even come close to expressing the thing.


I'm going to take stock of my boneyard when I find myself up in that part of the state again and give a general listing in the classifieds section.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.