Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-23-2014, 05:31 PM
maxhifi's Avatar
maxhifi maxhifi is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,871
When I revived an RCA 8 inch portable a couple years ago I had a lot
Of fun viewing all the waveforms with my oscilloscope. It ended up nearly working like new aside from some "jail bars" I could never track down the cause of. I have also used the oscilloscope to align FM radios with a sweep frequency generator, and countless amounts of audio equipment repairs. TV sets are complex enough that every time I work on one it seems the problems aren't the same, however I do have some background in electronics.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-23-2014, 09:10 PM
DaveWM DaveWM is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 5,607
thing about TV's is you "see" the problem, which on a large CRT can make minor defects very noticeable. Good luck with it
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.