Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-07-2014, 09:15 PM
Tubejunke's Avatar
Tubejunke Tubejunke is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Martinsville, VA
Posts: 1,823
Yes, I have read that the units came out with the 25V being high. I don't have much concern with such low voltage applications, but I will bear that in mind. I am noticing that the more I play with the thing, the closer the values are getting. Probably caps reforming as I use the unit.
__________________
"Face piles of trials with smiles, for it riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave, and keep on thinking free"
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-07-2014, 11:51 PM
Notimetolooz's Avatar
Notimetolooz Notimetolooz is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 548
The link in my original post ( I just fixed it) talks about several issues link like the 25V/45V problem. There aren't really that many caps to replace on one of these units. I did check and for the reference caps connected to the range switch I did use 1 and 2 % units for accuracy. By the way, a leaky cap reads as though it has higher capacitance than it really does. Its the way the bridge circuit works. Then also on large electrolytic s the PF control needs to be adjusted.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:43 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.