Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #5  
Old 08-02-2014, 08:26 PM
Tubejunke's Avatar
Tubejunke Tubejunke is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Martinsville, VA
Posts: 1,823
I think that you did great given the condition, all the documentation that I see, and the probable rarity. As far as $80 goes, I was just reading somewhere else how tube testers are increasing in value while other older test equipment remains pretty cheap like VTVMs. I made the mistake of paying about that for an old Heathkit C3 capacitor tester that "worked." Turns out all of the bridge is off, so I can't get a value, then I find out that my DC voltages are all very low, so it's probably a rebuild on something that I wanted to help me in troubleshooting.

I got hasty in my buying, so its my fault I guess. I thought that getting it through this site would give me a better shot at something actually known to be working by someone who knows what to look for as opposed to some ebay flip.

Oh, it's also great if all you have to deal with in capacitors is a .1mfd! I seem to keep bunches of those. I want also to say that I believe this unit to be a simple emissions tester with no bells and whistles like mutual conductance and such. Still in all, it will serve you fine with radio applications and some others.
__________________
"Face piles of trials with smiles, for it riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave, and keep on thinking free"
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.