Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-30-2014, 04:28 PM
tvcollector's Avatar
tvcollector tvcollector is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,613
I see alot of stuff on eBay fairly cheap and have bought a few sets on there for around $75 to $200 plus I paid for the shipping on a few roundie consoles... For the most part sets on there I see around that mark.. Though there are a few loonies on there that think sets are worth in the higher hundreds or in the thousands..
__________________
Looking for an all tube or hybrid color TV set from the late 1960s, early 1970s that's in a steal cabinet..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-30-2014, 06:51 PM
Kevin Kuehn's Avatar
Kevin Kuehn Kevin Kuehn is offline
Workin' Late Again
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: WI
Posts: 3,976
Suppose it's possible that a few resellers pay too much for their inventory, and so they hold out. Maybe it's harder to research the going rate of vintage TV's than we realize. Who know what they're thinking, mostly wishful, I suspect
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-30-2014, 07:42 PM
oldtvman's Avatar
oldtvman oldtvman is offline
Larry Melton (oldtvman)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Mishawaka, Indiana
Posts: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Kuehn View Post
Suppose it's possible that a few resellers pay too much for their inventory, and so they hold out. Maybe it's harder to research the going rate of vintage TV's than we realize. Who know what they're thinking, mostly wishful, I suspect

I think part of the problem is what we would consider to be very collectable doesn't have that same value to the general public. I think some older people hung on to sets because they had sentimental value.
__________________
[IMG]
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.