Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-29-2015, 01:10 PM
Ricktptman Ricktptman is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: SE United States
Posts: 11
I've got a last generation Mitsubishi D-VHS that I use for playback only. I have a ton of archived VHS from an obsessive trumpet player/collector friend from Norfolk, Va. (God rest his soul.) A ton of that stuff is now on YT. (Easy to download and occasionally in better quality) and a ton of it's not. (The reason for its taking up real estate in my system.) Ditto my Pioneer DVL-700. It neither eats nor drinks and gives all outward appearance of being easily maintainable....so.......for me it's let the good times roll....but not crinkle, or curl.....
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-04-2015, 07:02 PM
dano dano is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 53
I suppose I'm a rather unique case, so I thought I would post. I got a laserdisc player in the early 90s, but quickly found that rentals were tough to find and I really didn't buy many movies at the time. It's still an awesome CD player though I got a new VHS VCR around that same time frame. In the late 90s, I was lucky enough to pick up a Sony SuperBeta from a thrift store, and happily switched to Beta at that point. I mainly used the VCR for tape delaying TV shows and to watch used movies found second hand, so I took advantage of Beta's better quality. My sister had terrible luck with VCRs dieing on her, so I gave her my VHS deck a few years later (though I've had several used machines over the years too). I bought a DVD player in 2001 and had very little VHS anything left for several years. After getting married in 2010, we now have my wife's VCR and VHS tape collection. I don't really record anything any more, so all 3 formats co-exist for playback of pre-recorded stuff. We've found that it's a little too easy just to watch something on Netflix, so now I'm trying a little harder to have a "retro movie night" every now and then when I hook up one of the tube TVs and watch a tape or laserdisc.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.