Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-08-2015, 08:15 PM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 15,479
Look for arcing in the HV (including the connection to the CRT), focus and yoke sections. Since the noise is synched to the screen I'd guess the source is internal, and probably due to arcing.
__________________
Tom C.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-08-2015, 09:01 PM
TinCanAlley's Avatar
TinCanAlley TinCanAlley is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: So Cal, CA
Posts: 1,020
I have checked and found no arcing.

If it is internal, how does moving around the leads on the external connections clear it up or make it worse?

Would providing a picture of the best/worst of the interference help diagnose?

Thanks
__________________
Pioneer SX-1080, Pioneer PL-115D, Pioneer CT-F9191, Pioneer RG-1, Wollensak 8050A, Akai 4000DS MkII, Pioneer CS-05 & Polk 1.2TL

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-08-2015, 09:13 PM
old_coot88 old_coot88 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,653
Look for any coaxial cable having a broken/intermittent ground at one end.
E.g., a coax RF input cable, or the IF cable from tuner to chassis.
I've seen it happen with a pickup mic cable (in a remote set).

Last edited by old_coot88; 03-08-2015 at 09:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-08-2015, 09:16 PM
TinCanAlley's Avatar
TinCanAlley TinCanAlley is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: So Cal, CA
Posts: 1,020
I have check every external cable. I have also checked the two twin lead connections inside the TV. I will check all the cables inside connected to the tuners ( I believe there are three and one jumper).

I am attaching a couple of pics of the static at its worse. I can adjust the external connection orientation to almost eliminate it, but it doesn't completely go away (but pretty close).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Avante RF (1) Small.jpg (67.9 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg Avante RF (3) Small.jpg (77.1 KB, 36 views)
__________________
Pioneer SX-1080, Pioneer PL-115D, Pioneer CT-F9191, Pioneer RG-1, Wollensak 8050A, Akai 4000DS MkII, Pioneer CS-05 & Polk 1.2TL

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.