Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-06-2015, 09:20 AM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 15,482
Might be time for new sockets. IIRC surplus sales of Nebraska had the correct sockets for these last time I checked (a good 3 years ago). I've been wanting to buy three new Video IF sockets for my CTC-4, but have yet to come up with a minimum order to merit purchasing them, and like you I've got alignment issues and lack the knowledge/equipment/time to do pick up the craft......After I graduate this year I hope to have sufficient free time and monies to gear up for TV alignment.
__________________
Tom C.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-06-2015, 01:34 PM
Phil Nelson's Avatar
Phil Nelson Phil Nelson is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,030
To give direct video input another shot, I disconnected the output from the video detector to the 1st video amp, and injected a video signal to the video amp grid. I started with a B/W crosshatch pattern so that I could adjust the screen background, etc., to make a normal display.



Then I switched to a color bar pattern.



Adjusting the Color control, etc., gives nothing like a normal color-bar progression, so I'll check out the color circuits.

Phil Nelson
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.