Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-07-2015, 01:18 AM
Phil Nelson's Avatar
Phil Nelson Phil Nelson is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,030
Thanks, I replaced the horizontal output tube right after I fixed the horiz oscillator.

Earlier today I started scoping things in the chroma circuits. Since it's doubtful whether the IF section is passing a color signal, I disconnected the output from the video detector and injected a video signal from the pattern generator at the video amp grid. With luck, I can get some clue whether the chroma circuits are operating.

The waveforms on the burst keyer tube look pretty normal. Here's the burst keyer grid (pin 9):



Here's the burst keyer plate (pin 1):



Here's the burst keyer cathode (pin 8):





I also scoped the bandpass amplifier, demodulator driver, color killer, blanking amp, and G-Y/R-Y demodulator:

http://antiqueradio.org/art/temp/RCA...ndpassGrid.jpg
http://antiqueradio.org/art/temp/RCA...DriverGrid.jpg
http://antiqueradio.org/art/temp/RCA...KillerGrid.jpg
http://antiqueradio.org/art/temp/RCA...ingAmpGrid.jpg
http://antiqueradio.org/art/temp/RCA...ulatorGrid.jpg
http://antiqueradio.org/art/temp/RCA...atorOutput.jpg
http://antiqueradio.org/art/temp/RCA...ulatorGrid.jpg

I haven't pored over all this yet, but I get the idea that some of those circuits are operating, anyhow.

Phil Nelson
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-07-2015, 10:06 AM
old_coot88 old_coot88 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,653
Phil,
Although I'm not overly familiar with sets earller than CTC-12, I'm assuming the following 'quick & dirty' check is valid for your CTC-4 as well:
While watching the colorbar display as shown in your post# 138, rotate the color control thru its full range, from zero to maximum, a few times. Does that greenish component vary in intensity, extinguishing completely at the zero setting? If so, it indicates the chroma signal amplitude is being displayed, but without the local phase reference signal. In other words, the 3.58 oscillator is not running.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.