Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-28-2015, 10:39 PM
old_coot88 old_coot88 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Nelson View Post
Okay, with that lash-up, I see a regular waveform at L42 (pin 3 of the oscillator). This is with no signal to the receiver and a high sweep rate.


Yowie zowie! What's the actual p-p amplitude of that?
Looks like the thing is actually running.
OK (assumimg you haven't unmounted the old CW xfmr yet), just take the new one and connect its primary in place of the old one, using a couple of short leads (after removing that jumper). See if the osc still runs.

Last edited by old_coot88; 04-28-2015 at 10:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-28-2015, 11:34 PM
Phil Nelson's Avatar
Phil Nelson Phil Nelson is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,030
Maybe this photo will give a better idea what I'm seeing. My scope has a lot of trouble locking onto the signal -- hope it's not a phantom.



Edit: I just connected the primary of the new transformer in place of the old one (i.e., B connected to pin 1 and E connected to junction of R250/CC211. I get the same waveform, whose amplitude collapses if I temporarily disconnect the primary.

Phil Nelson

Last edited by Phil Nelson; 04-29-2015 at 12:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-29-2015, 12:35 AM
old_coot88 old_coot88 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Nelson View Post
...I just connected the primary of the new transformer in place of the old one (i.e., B connected to pin 1 and E connected to junction of R250/CC211. I get the same waveform, whose amplitude collapses if I temporarily disconnect the primary.
OK. Now reconnect the old CW xfmr's primary. Does it kill the osc? If so, this proves the old xfmr is at fault.
-
But the question remains, with the new xfmr's differences, will it deliver correct phasing, amplitude etc downstream?
-
Also, is the osc running with the new L42 or the old one?

Last edited by old_coot88; 04-29-2015 at 02:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.