![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Thanks for the tips! I'll take a look-see and follow up when I find something.
__________________
Sony Trinitron Fan |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
I'm having trouble locating the suspect components. Am I looking on the mainboard or the CRT board for the diode and resistor? As for the vertical booster capacitor, there are two caps near the vertical IC heatsink that could be it; one is a 100uF 160v (nearest the yellow transformer) and one is a 47uF 160v (nearest the flyback) in the photo.
__________________
Sony Trinitron Fan Last edited by YamahaFreak; 07-09-2015 at 08:46 PM. |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Pretty sure that is NOT the vertical area...I see a SMPS transformer--looks like the power supply.
As for the 200 volt diode and capp--likely it will be near the flyback, and colse to a connector that leads off to the CRT board. It will come right off of a flyback pin--usually through the resistor and then to the diode and cap (perhaps a 4.7/250 ,10/250 or such) and then to the CRT board. |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Perhaps this is what I'm looking for? Resistor and diode at edge of mainboard, near cable leading to CRT board, though the diode isn't a glass one. None of the other capacitors match the suggested values to look for.
I think I've found the vert IC - a seven-pin device resembling a large transistor, that's mounted to a heatsink near the tuner. (It's visible at lower right.)
__________________
Sony Trinitron Fan Last edited by YamahaFreak; 07-09-2015 at 10:37 PM. |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
It is VERY likely that 7 pin IC. and one of the three caps near it--maybe C551, near the yoke connnector. if not tha tone--one of the 2 other electrolytice near it. One says c554, can't see the number of the orange one.
As for the diode--it does NOT have to be a glass one--and that one next to the 1.8 ohm resistor looks like a prime candidate to me. The cap will likely be one of the two electros near the diode. |
| Audiokarma |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
DO NOT--replace that diode with a normal 60HZ one--use an ECG 552 or such. It is a fast-recovery diode..
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
C551 is a 47uF 35v, C554 is a 100uF 35v, and the orange one, C562, is a 2.2uF 50v. The two caps near the diode are a 1uF 160v and a 4.7uF 250v.
If I'm using my limited experience with a meter correctly, the resistor is not open (in-circuit) and the diode tests open in one direction, which I assume is correct.
__________________
Sony Trinitron Fan |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|