Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-18-2015, 06:44 PM
Pete Deksnis's Avatar
Pete Deksnis Pete Deksnis is offline
15GP22 demo @ ETF 2007
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Big Rapids, MI
Posts: 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_tv_nut View Post
I have to comment that I can't think of a good reason to include 4.5 MHz traps in a video input circuit, unless the input was from a separate RF receiver. Why would anyone deliberately limit the bandwidth?

Edit: I can think of one reason - to create the same awful chroma delay and quadrature distortion that an IF amplifier produces, so that it matches the delay lines in the TV chassis.
Wayne, I figured it was their cheap and dirty way of matching the 20-dB down slope of the CTC4 i.f. (I've never worked on a CTC4 and only am going by how I interpret what the 1956 article mentioned about the i.f. response.)

Pete
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.