Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-25-2015, 07:22 AM
kf4rca kf4rca is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 962
What happened to the knob?

I had good luck using a variac even on a switching power supply.
I was troubleshooting a Sony BVM 1910 that wouldn't turn on.
With the variac, I was able to bring it up just enough to see a picture before it would shutdown.
The problem turned out to be a partially shorted inductor in the switching power supply.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.