Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Transistor Portable Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-17-2015, 11:39 PM
ChrisW6ATV's Avatar
ChrisW6ATV ChrisW6ATV is offline
Another CT-100 lives!
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hayward, Cal. USA
Posts: 3,552
Those Panasonic sets are nice for having full-size tuners, probably rare in 5-inch sets by then. I bought one missing the front loop/handle-looking thing for $4 about three days before NTSC TV went away in 2009. All I had to do with mine was clean controls and adjust the yoke if I remember right. Then, I tuned in the TV stations with the messages "You need a converter box" on several channels.
__________________
Chris

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-18-2015, 06:49 PM
centralradio centralradio is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,097
Yes .I would go for the Panasonic myself then the 2000 set.I see plenty of them for free at the curb. I have that Panasonic set in my garage somewhere along with its brother pop up TV/AM/FM radio and some Unisonic's that look like it .It was a nice set until the digital change over crap happened. I'm glad that you got it up and running.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.