Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-22-2015, 03:22 PM
ChrisW6ATV's Avatar
ChrisW6ATV ChrisW6ATV is offline
Another CT-100 lives!
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hayward, Cal. USA
Posts: 3,552
If "you took the mechanism apart and a piece fell out", then you definitely need to figure out exactly what it is and where it belongs before anything else is done. Of course, it could have even been a piece of a toy that a child put inside once, but you need to find out for sure. There is no point in even thinking about any other repair action until that is known and fixed, first.

This kind of "oops" event has happened to most of us, and the only solution is to learn from it, typically by being even more attentive, even when we though we were paying high attention to detail already.
__________________
Chris

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-22-2015, 11:50 PM
Captainclock Captainclock is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Elkhart, Indiana
Posts: 1,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW6ATV View Post
If "you took the mechanism apart and a piece fell out", then you definitely need to figure out exactly what it is and where it belongs before anything else is done. Of course, it could have even been a piece of a toy that a child put inside once, but you need to find out for sure. There is no point in even thinking about any other repair action until that is known and fixed, first.

This kind of "oops" event has happened to most of us, and the only solution is to learn from it, typically by being even more attentive, even when we though we were paying high attention to detail already.
I was trying to be careful, I was taking the mechanism apart thinking that there wasn't anything broken or loose in the mechanism and then the part whatever it was fell out and I only saw it from the corner of my eye so I couldn't even see where it fell to and it looked like a really small part so even if I were to try and locate that part I doubt I'd be able to find it because I don't even know where to start looking for that part because like I said I didn't even see where it fell.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.