![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
It's been 5 years since I last opened mine, so the memories are foggy. It's under a pile of stuff on a shelf presently so it might be a couple of days before I can get it open again...
__________________
Tom C. Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off! What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4 |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
OK so I might just take a trip to the hardware store maybe tonite and maybe see if I can pick up a small tube of lithium grease and clean the old grease off of the gears for the loading/eject mechanism and the relube it with the lithium grease and see if that makes a difference in how it operates, if not I can probably assume a faulty motor for the loading mechanism.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
I sent you a PM concerning this machine, and the possibility of selling it.
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
It powered on and loaded and unloaded a tape with assistance, then went into fault power down...It did not power on again without instant fault after that....Even after I recaped the PS board....A few power up attempts after that there was a POP, the display went out, and the surface mount chip on top near the front got VERY hot... As I said in my PM I have many better Beta decks, and don't care to put much into this one....Well it's reached the point of needing more parts and work than I'm ever going to care to give it. I no longer have any interest in buying parts for it. If you want to buy my Beta deck you can have it for $7 plus whatever shipping will cost...If you don't want it I know someone local who'd be interested. It's junk to me now, and I plan to be rid of it in the next few months. I've got over a dozen more interesting projects waiting for me that have MUCH better chances of working. Here are some pictures of mine.
__________________
Tom C. Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off! What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4 |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
|
| Audiokarma |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
Tom C. Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off! What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4 |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
OK thanks, so how much do you think shipping will be for your unit? I know its not going to be very light weight (as the unit I have is probably at least 15-20 lbs.) I want to make sure I would even have enough to cover the costs on it because I only get $30 for spending money every 2 weeks, if not then I would have to pass on it and wait to see if anything comes up in the goodwill or salvation army or one of the local flea markets (hey I have seen stranger things turn up at these places near me.)
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|